It's starting to feel like the more I ask time to slow down, the faster it goes. Not only can I not believe that it's October, but my little sweetheart is now four months old.
- At her four month well check today
Weight: 11 pounds 6 ounces (4th percentile)
Length: 23 3/4 inches (21st percentile)
Head Circumference: 15 1/2 inches (17th percentile)
Zo Zo has only gained six ounces in the last month and much like her brother, isn't moving too fast along the growth curve. We will go back in for a weight check in three weeks and hopefully see some improvement!
For comparison, at four months Camden weighed 12 lbs 11 oz (15th percentile), was 23 1/2 inches long (11th percentile) and had a head circumference of 16 inches (18th percentile).
- Wears 0-3 and 3 month clothing still. This shouldn't be too much of a shock considering the six ounce weight gain.
- She continues to be a happy, content and smiley baby. Her daycare ladies tell me that she's a joy to care for and knowing that makes it slightly easier at drop off.
- Her eyes haven't changed much - I'd call them a dark hazel. We'll see if they stay or take a turn for brown. Sister is definitely sprouting some hair on the top of her little noggin and it may be lightening in color a little bit.
- She rolled from her tummy to her back on Monday, September 28th and I cried a little inside. I consoled myself by saying at least she wasn't rolling from back to belly yet and continued to get stuck on her side.
- Hah. Jokes on me, as always. Zo rolled from her back to her belly on Wednesday, September 30th and I cried a little on the outside.
- Was sleeping consistently excellent overnight for several weeks, but since this week's new rolling over discovery - it hasn't been as excellent. Hoping we can get through this milestone and the dreaded four month sleep regression all at once.
- Naps are becoming (overall) less craptastic.
- She's a total drool machine and has been for quite some time. Bibs keep me from changing her clothes six times a day.
- She went off the continental United States and had her first introduction to the swimming pool.
- Is a total Chatty Cathy - jabbering constantly (and sometimes even in the middle of the night) and giggling/laughing more frequently.
- Continues to be super ticklish and it's a guaranteed way to get a good squealing laugh out of her.
- Zoey has found her feet and loves to hold onto them and put them in her mouth.
- She's figuring out that milk comes out of a bottle faster (and more plentiful) than it does from Mommy.
- Has really started to respond to Camden and it's the cutest and most swoon-worthy thing ever. She clearly thinks he hung the moon. And you can tell he feels the same.
- When looking back at pictures of Camden in his first year, I saw a picture of his profile and about fell out of my chair because their profiles are eerily similar. Saying they are identical is a bit of a stretch but I was blown away. I'll have to try and get a decent picture of Zoey to compare and share.
Oh, my sweet Zo Zo. I love you more than words can say. Let's make October go by a wee bit slower than September, eh?