Yesterday quickly came and went, and I didn't have time (or the energy) for the prompt. So today, I'll play catch-up.
The prompt for Day 4 of Sarah's 15 Day Challenge is: What's your favorite childhood memory?
I don't know that I could choose just one memory, as I had a busy and very fulfilling childhood, but here are my top six:
- Playing dress-up or office with Rachel and my cousins at Grammy's house or at family parties. I knew how to write checks at an oddly young age.
- Daily (yes, daily) trips to Dairy Queen with Grammy after school.
- Turning the front yard into a soccer field. Empty laundry detergent bottles were cones for dribbling drills and the bushes on both ends of the lawn were goals.
- Playing in the yard with Josh. He would terrorize me and push me into bushes but I always wanted to play with him. Even if I cried a little.
- Hitting balls off the tee from across the street into our fence. My skills progressed into hitting balls into the yard, and soon I was hitting them over the house. Dearest Daddio put Josh and one of his buddies in front of the windows (to catch any that got close) but I got a good one by them. Dad tried to blame Josh but Mom knew better. We moved down to my elementary school field after that.