Yesterday quickly came and went, and I didn't have time (or the energy) for the prompt. So today, I'll play catch-up.
The prompt for Day 4 of Sarah's 15 Day Challenge is: What's your favorite childhood memory?
I don't know that I could choose just one memory, as I had a busy and very fulfilling childhood, but here are my top six:
- Playing dress-up or office with Rachel and my cousins at Grammy's house or at family parties. I knew how to write checks at an oddly young age.
- Daily (yes, daily) trips to Dairy Queen with Grammy after school.
- Turning the front yard into a soccer field. Empty laundry detergent bottles were cones for dribbling drills and the bushes on both ends of the lawn were goals.
- Playing in the yard with Josh. He would terrorize me and push me into bushes but I always wanted to play with him. Even if I cried a little.
- Hitting balls off the tee from across the street into our fence. My skills progressed into hitting balls into the yard, and soon I was hitting them over the house. Dearest Daddio put Josh and one of his buddies in front of the windows (to catch any that got close) but I got a good one by them. Dad tried to blame Josh but Mom knew better. We moved down to my elementary school field after that.
Daily DQ trips are to make any childhood perfect! :) It's so fun to look back on the good ol times!ReplyDelete
Playing ball with my dad was always awesome! I remember walking down to Wendy's on early release Thursdays in junior high, before softball or volleyball practice. So much fun.ReplyDelete