October to November may have been the fastest month of my life. I swear I was just plucking out Wyatt's 1 Month post... and yet, here we are.
My baby boy is two months old!
He weighed in at 9 pounds 5 ounces at our lactation consultation on Friday. Internally, I was proud of his weight and growth but the consultant said "he's still a little behind." I wanted to reply with "story of my motherhood life," but instead I laughed and said that all my kids grow on their own little curve and as long as they're growing (even if at a snail's pace compared to everyone else...) that's all that matters.
Weight: 9 lbs 9 oz (6th percentile)
Height: 22 1/2 inches (41st percentiles)
Head Circumference: 15 inches (30th percentile)
At two months, Wyatt:
- Loves Mommy, baths, showers with Mommy, snuggling, Mommy, nursing, Mommy, and being carried in the Tula
- Has started smiling and cooing in response to us
- Rolls over from belly to back and looks like he's trying to roll over back to belly
- Sleeps anywhere from three to seven hour stretches overnight... he really likes to keep me guessing and consuming lots of coffee
- We’re working on napping for longer than 20 minutes at a time
- Had his tongue tie procedure and was an absolute champ. Mommy on the other hand cried (and cried and cried and cried) like a little baby
- His baby acne seems to have almost gone away
- His hair is starting to grow back in where it fell out in the front
We were having a moment of good eye contact and smiles this afternoon and I felt like my heart was literally swelling. And of course, I got all emotional and choked up for a minute because I just love this little guy so much and know that time is just going to keep flying by and breaking my heart.
Obligatory comparison pictures: