I can't even really believe I just typed the words "Camden is three." In some ways the last year went really slowly (thanks in part to being pregnant with Zoey) and in other ways it completely flew by and I feel like I was just reflecting on (and crying about) him turning two.
I still haven't learned that this growing up business is hard.
I just now realized that because Zoey was two weeks old when Cam turned two and a half, I didn't write a post going into all the details of him at that time. I'm sure you didn't miss it but right now I'm kicking myself for not putting something down.
Anyway, at three years old - (and I know I am biased) he is quite the little man child.
Weight: 27 pounds (7th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (5th percentile)
I wasn't kidding when I said he was little. He hasn't grown much since his two and a half year check, but at this point the doctor isn't concerned. His growth record thus far has proven that he's not going to be a big kid.
In no particular oder, here are some things I want to remember about Cam at three years old:
- still dumps out his entire bucket of trains/cars/blocks only to walk away minutes later to play with something else
- loves to sing songs
- started preschool in September and this has only fostered his love for singing
- favorite shows are Bubble Guppies, Dora the Explorer, and Paw Patrol
- favorite movies are Toy Story 3, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, The Lion King, Despicable Me 2, The Minion Movie, and just recently - The Polar Express
- favorite books are The Polar Express, I'm a Dirty Dinosaur, The Three Little Pigs, The Day the Crayons Quit, Big Book of Big Trains, and Little Miss Muffet
- is quite the talker. I think he surprises people some times because he looks younger than he is (because of his size) but then they hear him talk.
- gets very excited when talking some times and says "and, and, and, and, and, and..." in-between words.
- loves his little sister fiercely
- wants his tummy and back softly scratched every night before bed
- favorite toys are Cars cars, Thomas and Chuggington trains, and any ball he can get his hands on
- is really fast (running) and coordinated (running, jumping, hitting balls)
- loves to hit, play catch, play basketball, and play soccer -- even if it's in the house
- takes swim lessons on Tuesday and Thursday nights. He loves to jump in the way swim up to the surface (on his own!) but only if I'm right there for him to swim to and there to grab when he pokes his head up.
- takes gymnastics class/lessons on Saturday mornings and I think this has really helped his coordination
- is day time potty trained and hasn't had any accidents since we finished our three (four for us!) day potty training method. I'm knocking on wood right now.
- likes to tell people they're his best friend and these "best friends" change daily - usually between mommy, daddy, grammy, papa, Auntie Rachel, and Rachel's boyfriend, Chris
- still in quite the smuggler and loves to back up into my lap to sit down
Cam, some days you drive me absolutely bonkers. But at the end of each day, I feel very lucky that I get to be your mommy and get to watch you grow into the cool little dude that you are. You are sweet and kind (most of the time), sensitive, busy and inquisitive, smart, funny, and a future force to be reckoned with on the athletic field. I cannot believe you are three years old today. Here's me wishing you the best year yet. I love you to the moon and the stars.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I love reading comments, so please feel free to leave them!