I'm here. We're alive, I promise. I've opened up my Mac many times in the last four weeks to pluck out something, but each time I end up shutting her down because my heart really isn't in it. I really hope I'll get back into the swing of posting, so fingers crossed.
As every mother before me has stated, and I too say all the time - I cannot (repeat, cannot) believe how fast time is going and that Zoey Bear has already been stealing our hearts for one whole month.
- At one month, I am guessing she weighs close to 10 pounds. Sister hasn't needed to see the doctor nearly as many times as her big brother did so I won't have an official weight status until two months.
- Is a very calm and relaxed baby so far.
- Has the same nose and lips as Camden, but has Ryan's and my dark hair, and my skin complexion. I see more of myself in her every day.
- Has dark blue eyes and brown hair. The hair on the top of her little head is all falling out, leaving her with a fabulous mullet.
- Showed some sensitivity to dairy so I've eliminated that from my diet. You should see the death glare I give Ryan when he pulls out the tortilla chips and sour cream for a post-dinner snack.
- Goes from hungry to hangry real quick. This has proved interesting when trying to get her to take a bottle. If we reach hangry status, there's no way she's taking that sucker.
- Is super uninterested in taking a pacifier but you can bet your booty I'm trying really hard to make her a believer.
- Does not appreciate getting dressed. Getting undressed is tolerable.
- Has the most intense hiccups I have ever seen/heard from a wee baby her size. It's no wonder her in-utero hiccups would make me feel nauseated.
- We've been battling thrush for two and half weeks now, but that's another post entirely. Promise.
- Sleeps anywhere from four to six hours overnight. This mommy much prefers the six.
- Has no idea how much she's loved and adored by her big brother. We're working on being gentle but he has no idea what that means.
My mom gave me a dress that I wore for my one month pictures and I tried to take pictures of Zoey in the same dress today, but I am no professional photographer and I desperately want a decent comparison photo - so we'll be taking a little trip to JCPenny's next week (thank you, Groupon!). I'll be sure to share.
I won't leave without a comparison of Camden and Zoey at one month. I hadn't quite figured out my "monthly photo" strategy yet at Camden's one month birthday, but it's better than nothing.
Until next time. Which I hope is before Zoey's 2 month post on August 2nd.
So precious--you can definitely tell Zoey and Camden are siblings! I also love how frowny both of their baby one month photos are--especially knowing that Camden is the smiliest toddler around, I'm guessing Zoey will grow outta that.ReplyDelete
SO CUTE. I cannot wait to snuggle her little balding head.