Isn't it funny when you become a mom and then people sort of stop asking how you are doing and ask how your baby/kiddo is doing instead?
I really don't mind, because I love (love, love, love) that my identity has shifted from my pre-mama self to my full fledged mama self. But every once in awhile, it is nice to be asked how I'm doing, or at least talk about how I'm doing - even if no one really asked.
- I've talked about it before and I'll continue to beat it to death - I really struggle sometimes with being a working mom. My struggle isn't really with balancing work and family (although it's not easy), it's more with accepting the fact that someone else is spending so much time with Camden. I'm paying this person to snuggle and comfort him - all the things I want to be doing. It's funny because I cry over the amount of time I'm away from him, but I know that if I were a stay-at-home mama, I'd probably cry over wanting adult interaction. It's all about perspective. And some days my perspective needs a swift kick in the pants.
- For whatever reason, I feel like my brain has been "off" lately. Case in point: on Tuesday I went to a meeting that wasn't scheduled until Wednesday. Thankfully that meeting was only with my mentor and she just laughed at me, so I avoided a greater embarrassment. I also cannot stop writing the year 2013 instead of 2014. I also used the word fruit-ition instead of saying fruition.
- I swear I am always changing a bomb of a poopy diaper when I hit the last of the wipes in a package. I'm going to recommend that the last of the wipes are like receipt paper and have a pink or purple warning line.
- After reading this, Ryan and I are making an effort to divorce ourselves from our phones. Some days are better than others, but we're trying to be more intentional with the time we spend together. I like it.
- It's funny (or maybe not) how you don't appreciate things until after the fact. You don't truly appreciate your parents until you're a parent yourself. You don't truly appreciate living down the road from your best friend until you live 2,300 miles away from each other.
- Compliments have changed. A compliment that would've made my day several years ago would be appreciated, but it wouldn't have the same effect now. Case in point: today a random woman told me that she could tell how well Camden is loved by how happy and outgoing he is. Proud, beaming mama!
- I'm excited for the Seahawks (and the city of Seattle) to be playing in the Super Bowl. We'll proudly be wearing our green and blue Sunday. It has been so much fun seeing everyone (bandwagon hoppers and all!) supporting this team.
- And by the way. I cannot believe it's almost February. Maybe I'll stop writing 2013 soon.
Take Luck & Go Hawks,
Go hawks!!! So excited!ReplyDelete
yeah, i don't even know what fruition means, let alone how to pronounce it.ReplyDelete
also, i'm so happy you did an update on yourself. you are so right. it's nice to have someone ask how YOU are every once in awhile :) love this post! and love you more!