Happy New Year!
Even now that it's here - I am still having a hard time grasping the fact that it is now 2012.
We didn't get too wild last night. Shocking, I know.
We had a nice dinner with friends, and then welcomed the new year at our house with games and lots of belly laughter.
|Ringing in the New Year - Peters style
So, I've come up with a list of New Year's Resolutions and New Year's Goals. And I thought if I wrote them out like this (versus just keeping them as a note in my iPhone) I may hold myself a little more accountable.
I made them two separate lists because I feel that while all resolutions are goals, not all goals are resolutions. Hopefully that makes the same sense to you as it does me. If not, whatev.
2012 New Year's Resolutions
- Walk the puppies at least 4 days per week
- Drink more water
- Drink less soda
- Attend newlife church services as regularly as possible
- Plan meals for each week prior to grocery shopping on Sundays
- Take more photographs/pictures
- Take advantage of hiking in the area
- Take vitamins everyday
- Paint fingernails
(I painted my nails red (Ruby Ruby) last night for NYE and loved/love it. I can't help but feel a little sassy with red fingernails!)
- Make the most of each day
- Be thankful/grateful every day
- Make sure Ryan feels loved and appreciated each day
2012 New Year's Goals
- Start a family
- Complete two semesters (three classes) of graduate program so I will then be 90% finished
- Put a certain (to be determined) amount of moo-la each month into savings
- Accomplish a major-ish renovation on our house (i.e. new roof, new counter-tops and cabinets)
We'll see how these all pan out.
At church this morning, while writing out our prayer requests on our information card, I was a little stumped. So, I wrote out some brief (and broad) statements:
- Start our family
- Start our family
- Make smart financial decisions
- Love and respect each other
- Health and safety of us and family/friends
Ryan whispered that he had a "good" one to write down. He doesn't usually write anything down so I was very curious what this request may be. I half expected him to write down, "I pray that Albert Pujols will be the worst mistake the Anaheim Angels ever made!" But, when he gave me back the card, it said:
"I need to make eye contact with my Wife when we are having discussions."
How sweet and honest was that? More honest than sweet, but still!
Before putting our card in the bucket, I wrote (Amen!) after Ryan's addition.
Did you make any New Years resolutions or goals this year?