Saturday, November 12, 2011

Should've Stayed in Bed

I should've stayed in bed this morning.

The first sign came at 6:30am like a 75-pound brick.

Or dog.

Ryan had to work today and was up early getting ready.

Normally (on the weekdays) I am up first, so I let the puppies out (Sonny out of our bed and Brock out of his cage) and they go do their business.  

On days when Ryan is up first, he lets Brock out of his cage and Princess Sonny usually stays with me until I get up.  On these days, the first thing Brock does is come barreling into our room and up onto the bed to say "GOOD MORNING!" to me.

This morning was no different.

Except he trampled me, scratched my face with his gigantic dog-talons, licked said scratch, and then sat on my head.

I guess that's his way of showing his undying love and affection for his Mama.

I should have seen the sign for what it was... A sign to stay in bed.

Because the day just kept on getting better and better.

First, I took a 30-minute drive up north to Bainbridge Island with my Mom to watch what we thought would be my niece, Jaiden's 10:30 soccer game.

We found the field, and there were no orange, Tracyton Tigers in sight.

After giving my older sister a little jingle, we learned that the game had been moved to 1:30.


Thank you, so much for letting us know.

I came home and relaxed my bod on the couch for several hours and enjoyed having control of the remote while my Hubby was at work.

I had been invited to an facial/skin care party/demo at a girlfriend's house and so at 3:00 I headed on over there.

At this gathering, was a girl that I went to high school with and haven't seen (or talked to) in a long time. 

I knew that she had gotten married recently, so I did what I thought was polite.

I asked her how married life was.

Mistake, mistake, mistake.

Her response was, "Well, uhh..."


Enough said.  I should've stayed in bed.

Moving on.

The facial demonstration commenced and the lady passed around some cleanser.  It was lovely, refreshing, and smelt like kiwi.

Next up was the exfoliant.

I applied it to my face and immediately felt my face get very hot, and a fairly intense burning sensation.

I was sitting next to my friend's aunt who asked me, "Uhm... Are you ok?  You're face is really red."

I kind of laughed and said, "Oh, yes.  I'm fine!" and wiped the exfoliant off my beat red and hot face.

Next up, was some sort of mask that was soft and cool.  I thought it might calm my irritation.


Wrong, wrong, wrong.

More burning, more redness.

I excused myself to the bathroom and washed my face off with warm water, and my friend was kind enough to give me some calming Eucerin lotion - which helped a little bit.

The demonstration lady felt horrible and kept saying, "I'm so sorry - This has never happened before!"

Of course not.

I should've stayed in bed.

I am home now.  Safe.

My optimistic nature keeps me thinking that the day can't get much worse.

But it's only 5:00.

Take Luck,


  1. Oh Lauren, this post is no good!!! I hope you stay safe for the rest of the night...and man, what a day! Thinking positive thoughts for you!!

  2. You forgot to mention that you & the puppies came over and took a 3 mile walk w/me and my puppies and my friend -- and it was fairly uneventful --- no pitbulls greeted us today... no crazy chihuahua's barking at us from behind their security fence --- it was a great early morning walk. Also -- you are no longer bootless. :)


Thanks for stopping by! I love reading comments, so please feel free to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...